CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
- Electromechanical Technician
- Production Associate
- Operations Manager
Why work for ASC?
- No weekends on the production floor unless worked on a voluntary basis when offered.
- No nights! We believe our staff should work at 120% while here and then go home. Spending time with your family and friends on the evening and weekends is important to you, so it’s important to us.
- Various incentives may be made available when production quotas are met.
- Full time employees enjoy full benefits including vacation and sick time, company paid life insurance, as well as other health and dental benefits.
- Full time employees can enroll in a 401K with a company match.
- Most important, we are a family. The staff is welcoming and supportive here.
ASC is looking for a full time Electromechanical Technician to join our Electronics Department. This position will troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment necessary for capacitor production equipment. This person designs, modifies and manufactures components, circuits and equipment necessary for machine manufacture or repair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To operate and interpret the results of all electronic test equipment used in the day to day repair of production equipment.
- Electromechanical capacity to trouble shoot, repair, and maintain equipment.
- Work closely with the engineering department and Team Leaders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The perfect will have:
- Ability to operate multimeters, both analog and digital scopes, generators, and various testers.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC'S) by various manufacturers.
- Ability to design, draft, and trouble shoot PLC programs. Ability to read and interpret detailed machine drawings and schematics.
- Knowledge of both analog and digital circuits.
- Ability to specify for purchase, both original manufactured and substitute parts.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Good mechanical skills
- An Associate's degree from an approved 2 year college or vocational school, 3 years of experience or a combination of education and training to meet the 3 year minimum required experience.
American Shizuki has been a long-standing business in Ogallala, NE. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide training for all positions. For those that work hard, have good attendance and have the desire, there are advancement opportunities with our company. At American Shizuki, our associates are family. If you want to be a part of a community and not just a number, apply today at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall is here and ASC is once again promoting from our Production floor opening new opportunities to get in on the ground floor with one of Ogallala's long standing companies. American Shizuki is looking for a few good candidates for our Production Associate positions available. No experience necessary - we will train you. Full-time hours are 6:00am to 3:00pm (Mon-Thurs) and 6:00am to Noon (Friday).
What would you be doing?
Production Associates complete multiple manual and mechanical assembly functions in the construction of stacked and wound film capacitors. The processes include various process steps ranging from the point of raw material preparations to the final stage of packaging.
American Shizuki has been a long-standing business in Ogallala, NE. We are currently looking for a few hard-working, reliable people to join our family and train as Production Associates. No experience necessary! We are an equal opportunity employer and provide training for all positions. For those that work hard, have good attendance and have the desire, there are advancement opportunities with our company. At American Shizuki, our associates are family. If you want to be a part of a community and not just a number, apply today at: email@example.com
American ShiZuki Corporation has a 70 year tradition of providing high quality capacitors to a global marketplace. We are at the forefront of the build-to-order film and foil capacitor market. We have an extensive product line of capacitors for wind and solar power conversation, high speed rail transport, traditional film, power electronics, motor run, and lighting and filtering A/C products.
ASC is located in historic Ogallala, Nebraska, just 3.5 hours northeast of Denver, Colorado. Ogallala was a stop for the Pony Express and the Transcontinental Railroad, and the terminus for cattle drives from Texas along the Great Western Trails. Ogallala is also used as a setting location in the famous Western novel by Larry McMurty, Lonesome Dove. The is city is a lovely mid-western town with a great school system and friendly people. Ogallala is a wonderful place to live and raise a family.
Our very busy manufacturing plant needs an Operations Manager with excellent time management skills and a proven track record of setting and meeting ambitious goals in the manufacturing industry. We are looking for a candidate with considerable managerial experience who can allocate both human and material resources efficiently, communicate with our parent company, the President, HR, and coordinate with other departments on time-sensitive projects. In addition, we are looking for someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and work on the floor with our production staff when needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Effectively coordinate production manpower and equipment so as to result in on-time product completion, product quality, and cost effective performance for work contracted to be performed.
- Develops and maintains manufacturing operations business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle, production costs, and image.
- Establishes production and quality control standards, develops budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan efficient department operations.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets customers and ASC specifications.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of shop operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports.
- Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains a team environment to create employee commitment and belonging within the organization and to foster employee empowerment.
- Fosters open communication by practicing “management by walking around (MBWA).”
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Provides a safe and environmentally clean working environment equal to or better than OSHA and EPA standards for all employees.
- Manages six subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 85-125 employees in the Production, Building and Ground Maintenance, Production Technician Maintenance, Machine Shop, Electrical Shop and Shipping and Receiving.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Business, Management, or other related field from a four-year college or university; or have 7 + years of progressive supervisory manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have proven experience in employee involvement programs, team building and MBWA.
- Must be a trained team facilitator with experience in the facilitation of non-management teams.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to operate computer system utilizing windows applications, word processing and utilize spreadsheets.
If you are interested in and feel your qualifications and skills are a match, please submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations by responding directly to this ad or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org