CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
- Facilities Manager
- Electromechanical Technician
- HR Manager
- Production Associate
Why work for ASC?
- No weekends on the production floor unless worked on a voluntary basis when offered.
- No nights! We believe our staff should work at 120% while here and then go home. Spending time with your family and friends on the evening and weekends is important to you, so it’s important to us.
- Various incentives may be made available when production quotas are met.
- Full time employees enjoy full benefits including vacation and sick time, company paid life insurance, as well as other health and dental benefits.
- Full time employees can enroll in a 401K with a company match.
- Most important, we are a family. The staff is welcoming and supportive here.
ASC has an exciting career opportunity as a Facilities Manager.The Facilities Manager directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, installation and setting up of machinery, tools, and equipment in production, calibration and electronics shop areas and throughout facility, operating a variety of machines to fabricate parts, fixtures or equipment to support the production facility, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems of industrial plant or other establishment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
- Directs and coordinates workers in calibration, electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment based on production needs.
- Establishes accurate time estimates for projects and maintains an accurate work schedule board to ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate production line/equipment improvement projects.Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Requisition materials needed for timely job completion. Inspect, maintain and order necessary supplies to keep sufficient stock on hand.
The perfect will have:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to Design work flows and procedures.
- Strong project management skills
- Supervisory experience
- Experience negotiating contracts
- Ability to write and submit proposals
- Manage department budget
Other benefits of the position:
- This is a salary position with supervisory responsibilities.
- Gain sharing bonuses once a year based on company profit.
American Shizuki has been a long-standing business in Ogallala, NE. We are an equal opportunity employer.At American Shizuki, our associates are family. If you want to be a part of a community and not just a number, apply today at: email@example.com
ASC is looking for a full time Electromechanical Technician to join our Electronics Department. This position will troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment necessary for capacitor production equipment. This person designs, modifies and manufactures components, circuits and equipment necessary for machine manufacture or repair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To operate and interpret the results of all electronic test equipment used in the day to day repair of production equipment.
- Electromechanical capacity to trouble shoot, repair, and maintain equipment.
- Work closely with the engineering department and Team Leaders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The perfect will have:
- Ability to operate multimeters, both analog and digital scopes, generators, and various testers.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC'S) by various manufacturers.
- Ability to design, draft, and trouble shoot PLC programs. Ability to read and interpret detailed machine drawings and schematics.
- Knowledge of both analog and digital circuits.
- Ability to specify for purchase, both original manufactured and substitute parts.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Good mechanical skills
- An Associate's degree from an approved 2 year college or vocational school, 3 years of experience or a combination of education and training to meet the 3 year minimum required experience.
American Shizuki has been a long-standing business in Ogallala, NE. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide training for all positions. For those that work hard, have good attendance and have the desire, there are advancement opportunities with our company. At American Shizuki, our associates are family. If you want to be a part of a community and not just a number, apply today at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall is here and ASC is once again promoting from our Production floor opening new opportunities to get in on the ground floor with one of Ogallala's long standing companies. American Shizuki is looking for a few good candidates for our Production Associate positions available. No experience necessary - we will train you. Full-time hours are 6:00am to 3:00pm (Mon-Thurs) and 6:00am to Noon (Friday).
What would you be doing?
Production Associates complete multiple manual and mechanical assembly functions in the construction of stacked and wound film capacitors. The processes include various process steps ranging from the point of raw material preparations to the final stage of packaging.
American Shizuki has been a long-standing business in Ogallala, NE. We are currently looking for a few hard-working, reliable people to join our family and train as Production Associates. No experience necessary! We are an equal opportunity employer and provide training for all positions. For those that work hard, have good attendance and have the desire, there are advancement opportunities with our company. At American Shizuki, our associates are family. If you want to be a part of a community and not just a number, apply today at: email@example.com
Develops strategies, goals, policies and programs for human resource development. Plans, directs, implements, and oversees human resources policies and activities such as employment, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, recruitment, safety, and communications.
- Develop, implement, and interpret company policies to provide guidance and consistency in policy administration.
- Develop and implements recruiting strategies to obtain best qualified and cost effective applicants for all positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals and objectives.
- Develop, negotiate, and implement any new benefits and insurance changes regarding employee benefits programs or company insurance contracts.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, and leave of absence. Maintain accurate records of insurance coverage, 401k plan, and other employee benefit plans. Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Keeps records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Ensure company is operating in compliance with state and federal guidelines in relationship to programs such as OSHA, workers compensation, EEO, Affirmative Action, FMLA, etc.
- Investigate accidents and report information to insurance carrier. Administer return to work program. Conduct monthly safety meeting and prepare monthly safety report. Develop and implement strategies to reduce workplace injuries.
- Conduct wage survey within labor market to determine competitive wage rate. Develop and submit wage and benefit proposal for future wage and benefit increases.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation. Conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation. Develop strategies to reduce employee turnover rate.
- Represents ASC at personnel related hearing and investigations.
- Provide company communication, both written and oral, in reference to any human resource policy, activity or procedure.
- Review training programs and educational opportunities to help create internal candidates for advancement opportunities. Conduct management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must have good problem solving skills
- Must be able to handle confidential information
- Must be able to adapt to change and effectively communicate change to staff
- Must have prior management experience, preferably HR experience.
- Must be able to adhere to all company policies and lead by example.
- Bachelor's in Business Administration, Human Resources or other related area.
- 2 to 5 years experience in human resources
American Shizuki has been a long-standing business in Ogallala, NE. We are an equal opportunity employer.At American Shizuki, our associates are family. If you want to be a part of a community and not just a number, apply today at: firstname.lastname@example.org.